Tuesday 13 February 2007

"(Just Like) Starting Over"...

I began this post at about 12.40 pm. It started with the opening line of the song in the title - "...it's been so long since we took the time..." and I was going to use that lovely quote from the end of School Scoundrels* and say something along the lines of, as it's a completely new start, let's get off on a new footing, cut the crap, drop all the pretence etc....In short, for some obscure reason best known only to myself, I was going to reveal who I really am.

And then, just as I'd typed about the same amount as I have now, there was a sudden power failure that took out all the lights and points across campus for an hour and a half. Which was nice*...

I'm not normally superstitious, as you can probably guess from the - to say the least - *irreverent* tone of much that passes for content on these (and previous) pages, but it did cross my mind that perhaps this was some sort of a...well, not wanting for one moment to inflate the situation unnecessarily out of all proportion and swerve like a possessed lunatic into the realms of the mystical and arcane - little short of a *sign* *from* *above* that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to step out from behind the mask... just yet. So I don't know now....

I figure that most of you who have followed me over here either know already or - more likely, I fancy - would probably rather know me as Bob anyroad. So, there you go. We'll see. All I'd ask is that if you want to contact me and don't already have my permission, please use the email at the top of the page rather than any others you may find knocking around. As most people who've met me in the flesh would probably tell you, I'm a very open and honest person (despite the view to the contrary held by a certain Californian arse, of which more later..), perhaps to the point of foolhardiness. But then, as the great comic once said, "you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead..."

All this is really by way of saying that I don't really mind either way - Johnny? Bobby? Who wants to get their knickers all in a tangle over something as silly as a name?

L.U.V. on y'all,

Bob

*well, I got to have a pint in the Load of Hay while we 'evacuated'...

**"Once sincerity rears its ugly head, all lifemanship is powerless.....I must get back to Yeovil..."




Visit me in MunterSpace - 10,000 Goth Girls Splattered in Feck Blood Can't be Wrong!!!!!!!!

Bob's old blog - it's much better than *this* rubbish!

Listen to Bob's songs at indie911.com!

Listen to Bob's songs at GarageBand.com!

Listen to Bobcasts here!


© 2007 Swipe Enterprises

3 comments:

rockmother said...

Cuh! Any excuse for a drink....What Californian? The one that didn't like anyone (namely you) using his frat book photo some time ago? Do spill dear boy. Ooh - I've gone all Richard Griffiths doing an Uncle Monty. Must go - You Are What You Eat is on - that hobgoblin Gillian's a one isn't she? I'd like to see her do a perfect poo!

baggiebird said...

I don't know how you do it Bob, but you always manage to make me smile, which today is a welcome change. I have a horrible head cold and feel crap, so thankyou for cheering me up.

I hope the beer was good

xx ;-)

Anonymous said...

Robert, I can empathise with you. Many of us feel that we are open, honest and misunderstood, yet there is something within us that we wish to hide - what we think of as our real identity.

In truth, we have many identities, fluid and ever changing. It's often the only way to cope with the harshness of life.